TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By navigating through this website, booking accommodation, activities or car hire through our booking partners, or in any other way using this website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. This website is owned and operated by Tasmania.com Pty Ltd (“Tasmania/we/us/our”).
2. Any reference in these terms and conditions to ‘you’ or ‘your’ is relevant to you as a customer of our service and user of our website.
DIRECT ONLINE BOOKINGS
3. Tasmania.com does not operate or control the products and services available for booking that are displayed on the Website.
4. If you make any booking on our website (including but not limited to accommodation, activity or car hire bookings), you are irrevocably declaring that::
a. you are 18 years of age;
b. you are the authorised holder (or acting lawfully with the true consent of the authorised holder) of the credit card used to make payment of the booking; and
c. you have read these terms and conditions and voluntarily agree to be bound by them.
5. The booking information displayed on Tasmania.com is provided by our booking partners and direct travel suppliers and Tasmania.com is not responsible for such information and rely on the accuracy of the information supplied by the relevant booking partners and direct travel suppliers. Additional terms and conditions imposed by our booking partners and direct travel suppliers may also apply to your booking and should be read carefully during the booking process.
6. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions imposed by any Tasmania.com booking partner and direct travel suppliers with whom you transact with, including, but not limited to, terms and conditions relating to payments.
7. If we become aware that the information provided by a Tasmania.com booking partner or direct travel suppliers is incorrect, we reserve the right to correct the information and consult with you regarding any impact to your booking. Additional charges may be payable by you if you decide to proceed with the related booking. Any additional charges would be advised at the time of consultation.
8. The payment process for a booking will differ depending on the relevant booking partner and direct travel suppliers and in some cases will be done and paid for via our partner booking platforms via our website.
Change/Cancellation of Booking
9. If you wish to change or cancel your booking, you must contact Tasmania.com by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
b. the relevant Tasmania.com booking partner and direct travel suppliers directly.
10. We may charge a fee (currently $50) for changes or cancellations to your booking. In addition to this, the booking partner or direct travel suppliers may also charge a fee and accordingly you should check the cancellation policy available at the applicable booking confirmation page.
11. Please note that there is no guarantee that changes or cancellations will be permitted as booking partners and their suppliers and our direct travel suppliers may or may not allow changes or cancellations to bookings on a discretionary basis.
GST: All payments are inclusive of GST.
If you confirm your booking and are travelling between 45 days and 6 months from approved itinerary and quote, we require a deposit of 50% of the total cost of your booking.
If you confirm your booking and are travelling 6 months or longer from approved itinerary and quote, we require a deposit of 25% of the total cost of your booking.
If you confirm your booking and are travelling within 45 days from the approved itinerary and quote, we require a deposit of 100% of the total cost of your booking.
You have two options:
OPTION 1: Pay remaining amount no sooner than 45 days prior to travel and you will receive your final Tasmania.com Itinerary
OPTION 2: If you require your final itinerary sooner, we will require final Payment at this point. This can be as soon or as late as you wish as long as it 45 days out from the date you travel to Tasmania.
Payment can be made with credit card: Visa, MasterCard (1.5% surcharge applies) and American Express (2.5% surcharge applies).
Payment can also be transferred into our Australian bank account. To see what your currency is worth against the AUD dollar go to: www.xe.com. We will absorb the cost of the deposit into our bank account, however any applicable fees charged by your bank will be your responsibility.
Amendments: Any amendments to confirmed bookings will incur an administration fee of AU$20.00 per individual change. If travel documents have already been prepared the amendment fee is AU$50.00 per individual change.
Plans can change – we understand that. Our business prides ourselves in creating customer tailor made holidays and a lot of time goes into our staff manually creating and booking each and every holiday. We also have service contract relationships with over 190 Tasmanian tourism businesses which each have their own business rules and cancellation terms and conditions, our own policy is to refund in accordance with the below.
If you choose to cancel any part or all of your holiday due to sickness, personal reasons, or change of mind, the following cancellation fees are applicable.
More than 45 days prior to your arrival in Tasmania – we will retain 25% of the total package value which is to cover our staff costs for planning, booking and cancelling the holiday
Less than 45 days prior to your arrival in Tasmania – we will retain 50% of the total package value which is to cover our staff costs for booking and cancelling the holiday plus any of our vendors who do not refund within this timeframe
Less than 7 days prior to your arrival in Tasmania –we will retain 75% of the total package value which is to cover our staff costs for booking and cancelling the holiday plus any of our vendors who do not refund within this timeframe
Commencing Travel: No money to be refunded once travel has commenced including unused services.
After Travel: No requests for refunds will be accepted 3 months after travel departure date.
If experiences are cancelled by the provider due to weather we will refund 100% of that experience.
*If your plans change and you cannot travel to Tasmania, you can take the option to defer your trip for up to 18 months. Tasmania.com PTY LTD we will hold your payment as credit for up to 18 months.
Please note that some cancellation charges may be imposed by individual suppliers which will be an addition to the Tasmania.com PTY LTD refund policy.
BORDER CLOSURES DUE TO COVID
Cancellations due to Covid and Covid travel restrictions:
If COVID forces Tasmania’s borders to close and you cannot enter Tasmania and you have a booking and payment with Tasmania.com, you have two options….
DEFER YOUR TRIP
We are offering full credit valid for 18 months. That means we can simply lift your itinerary up and drop it into another date. But just be aware, different seasonal rates may create different totals. Or of course you can make any adjustment such as change locations or add or subtract days.
CANCEL YOUR TRIP
If you wish to cancel, we refund the full amount less a $500 Administration Fee. This fee covers the work we invest in planning, booking and then cancelling your holiday. This fee will also be held as a credit for any future bookings within 18 months of cancellation. Plus any cancellation fees vendors apply. This is very rare and most vendors will only withhold or part refund if the cancellation is within 24 hours of departure. Most are very fair and reasonable.
Travel Insurance and Fares
It is strongly recommended to all intending travellers to ask your Travel Agent for full details regarding travel insurance. Travel insurance covers you for things such as cancellations, rental vehicle insurance excess and lost, stolen or damaged personal effects.
A bond or credit card imprint may be required by your accommodation or car/campervan hire supplier in case of any incidentals that are not included in the cost of your holiday.
Availability: Quotes are based on accommodation and tour availability at the time of booking and are subject to change due to supply and demand. The booking process commences once the deposit is received into our nominated bank account and booking confirmation cannot be guaranteed until Tasmania.com PTY LTD receives confirmation from the vendor after a deposit has been paid.
Limitation of Liability: Tasmania.com PTY LTD and Australian.com Pty Ltd does not accept any liability for failure, act or omission on the part of transportation companies, accommodation providers, sightseeing providers or other principals. All tickets, receipts and coupons issued to travellers are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the end suppliers of the services to be performed. By accepting the tickets, receipts or coupons and utilising the services, each traveller agrees that neither Tasmania.com, its parent company nor any of its subsidiary companies or representatives shall be liable for any injury to passengers or damage or loss of their belongings suffered in connection with any travel related suppliers, services or resulting directly or indirectly from occurrences outside their control including breakdown of equipment, strikes, thefts, delay or cancellation, or changes to the itinerary or the schedule. Furthermore the responsibility of principals participating in the programme is limited as specified in their tickets, conditions of contract, conditions of carriage and tariffs. Tasmania.com PTY LTD and Australian.com Pty Ltd and the principals concerned accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in trains, buses, ferry or other transport services, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other causes. Any such loss or expense is the responsibility of the passenger.
12. Although we use our best endeavours to ensure that all information contained on this site is accurate and up to date, we are unable to guarantee that the site is free of errors or faults.
13. We reserve the right to change information displayed on our site (including these terms and conditions) at any time without notice to you.
14. Without affecting any statutory rights that are not capable of exclusion, we will not be liable for any losses, damages, liability, claims, expenses (present, future or contingent) arising from the use of or connected with out site or any products or services purchased on our site or liability created against us by reliance on any information or representations on this website.
15. Without affecting any statutory rights that are not capable of exclusion, Tasmania.com and partners will not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your access to, display of or use of Tasmania.com or with any delay or inability to access, display or use Tasmania.com.
17. The information, graphics, logos, button icons, video and audio clips, trademarks (whether registered or not), advertisements, layout, arrangement, graphical user interface, and look and feel, of this Website are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
19. Your use of the services provided on Tasmania.com is accepted on the basis that you warrant that:
a. you will not use any form of spyware or other software, program or device to record, copy, retain or access any information on Tasmania.com which is not purposefully made available to the public; and
b. you will not commit or assist in any acts that will have or are likely to have the effect of lessening the security, productivity or suitability of Tasmania.com.
© 2021 Tasmania.com All Rights Reserved. ABN 34 620 639 376